Integrated Rescue System
The Integrated Rescue System (IRS) is determined for co-ordination of rescue and clean-up operations in case, where a situation requires operation of forces and means of several bodies, e.g. firefighters, police, medical rescue service and other bodies, or in case, where the rescue and clean-up operation is necessary to be co-ordinated from the Ministry of Interior or by a leader of region’s level, or by mayors of municipalities with extended responsibilities.
As the Integrated Rescue System are therefore considered the co-ordinated proceedings of its bodies during preparations for emergencies, and during rescue and clean-up operations.
The Law No. 239/2000 on the Integrated Rescue System and on amendment of certain codes, in latter wording, is the basic legal frame.
Basic IRS bodies:
• Fire Rescue Service of CR and fire units, based on fire cover,
• Police of CR,
• Medical Rescue Service.
Other IRS bodies:
• Specified forces and means of armed bodies,
• Other armed security services,
• Other rescue services,
• Public health protection authorities,
• Emergency, stand-by, specialised and other services,
• Civil Protection establishments,
• NGOs and civil associations, which can be used for rescue and clean-up operations.
As permanent authorities for coordination of Integrated Rescue System bodies are considered the operational and information centres of the Integrated Rescue System, i.e. the operational centres of regional Fire Rescue Services and the Operational and Information Centre of the General Directorate of the Czech Fire Rescue Service.
In 2008 fire units co-operated with other IRS bodies in 87,903 operations in total.